Friday, November 8, 2013

My Yearly Haggadah Project

My Yearly Haggadah Project

This is a new venture for me. For the past fourteen years I've translated and privately published a different commentary on the Haggadah each year. There are literally hundreds of these commentaries that cover the spectrum of Jewish thought and geographic diversity of the Jewish people. What is amazing to me is that they are different from one another and each adds a new dimension to our understanding of this classic text and this holiday. 

This year I thought I might try blogging my ongoing project as I work on it between now and Passover. I may still publish it but it will be my first effort at making it accessible before Passover and also making it interactive - I invite my readers to respond to the comments and add their own commentary to the commentary. I have been reading the commentary over the past few weeks and I am almost ready to start translating and illuminating the commentary.

It's never too early to start preparing for Passover!

1 comment: